Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
Planting three rhubarb plants a few years back initially seemed like too much, but now that we've discovered this recipe I'm thinking it might be too little. If your strawberries are super sweet, you can cut back even more on the sugar.
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, strawberries, rhubarb and grated ginger if using. Place the mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, butter, and oats until crumbly. You may want to use a pastry blender for this. Crumble on top of the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp and lightly browned.
KGI is a nonprofit community of over 30,000 people who are growing some of our own food and helping others to do the same.
Join our mailing list:
Connect with us:
Kitchen Gardeners International
3 Powderhorn Drive,
Scarborough, ME, 04074, USA