Roasted Root Vegetables
By choosing different veggies, you can make a different version of this recipe every week this fall.
- 3 to 4 carrots, peeled
- 3 to 4 parsnips, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 2 to 3 potatoes
- 3 tbsp good olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped, dried or fresh herbs (parsley, rosemary or thyme) to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut all the veggies into similarly sized pieces. Place all the cut vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss well so all pieces are lightly coated. Add salt, pepper and herbs to taste.
- Roast for 25 to 35 minutes until all the vegetables are tender, turning once.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
KGI is a nonprofit community of over 30,000 people who are growing some of our own food and helping others to do the same.
Join our mailing list:
Connect with us:
Kitchen Gardeners International
3 Powderhorn Drive,
Scarborough, ME, 04074, USA