Simple home made marinara sauce. The applications are endless. I can't imagine having too many canned tomatoes, but this would be an excellent use for them if you did. If you would like more photo detail, I've got more on my blog. Happy eating.
- 1 quart and 1 pint canned tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig thyme
- 4 TBSP chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 TBSP olive oil in medium saucepan and add onions and garlic
- Cook until soft but not brown Pulse tomatoes in blender to break them up then add into sauce pan with bay leaves and thyme
- Cook for about 20 minutes at a simmer until sauce has thickened
- Remove bay and thyme sprig
- Add parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
KGI is a nonprofit community of over 30,000 people who are growing some of our own food and helping others to do the same.
Join our mailing list:
Connect with us:
Kitchen Gardeners International
3 Powderhorn Drive,
Scarborough, ME, 04074, USA