Kid-friendly Cream of Tomato Soup
Our picky 10yo likes this radical simplification/alteration of Mollie Katzen's "Variation I on a Cream of Tomato" from her awesome The Enchanted Broccoli Forest. Smooth and not herby.
He especially likes operating the immersion blender. :-)
- Stew tomatoes in a soup pot over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add butter, salt, bone broth, honey.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Let cool a bit, and stir in cream cheese
- Adjust seasonings
- Use immersion blender (or regular one) to puree.
Makes 2 big bowls
KGI is a nonprofit community of over 30,000 people who are growing some of our own food and helping others to do the same.
Join our mailing list:
Connect with us:
Kitchen Gardeners International
3 Powderhorn Drive,
Scarborough, ME, 04074, USA