Cotija and Corn Tacos with Lime and Mango
This fresh-tasting summer taco dish comes courtesy of our friends at Martha Stewart Living. The corn salad that fills these tacos can also stand on its own as a side dish. It's best made with fresh, raw corn, but you can also blanch the kernels in boiling water for one minute before proceeding with the recipe.
- 2 3/4 cups fresh corn kernels (from 4 ears)
- 3 ounces cotija or mild feta cheese, crumbled (2/3 cup)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest (from 3 to 4 limes)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves (from 1 bunch)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (from 2 scallions)
- Coarse salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled, halved, pit removed, and sliced into long, thin pieces
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Combine corn, cotija, lime zest, lime juice, oil, cayenne, cilantro, and scallions in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Toast tortillas individually over a gas burner, or spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and broil, turning once to char both sides. Fill with mango slices and corn salad. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
Photo by Katherine Wolkoff. Courtesy of Martha Stewart Living. Copyright © 2013. Recipe and photo used with permission.
KGI is a nonprofit community of over 30,000 people who are growing some of our own food and helping others to do the same.
Join our mailing list:
Connect with us:
Kitchen Gardeners International
3 Powderhorn Drive,
Scarborough, ME, 04074, USA