Basic Parsley Sauce
This delicate sauce infused with the flavor of freshly chopped parsley offers a pleasant accompaniment for steamed vegetables or white fish.
- 1 ounce butter (30 g)
- 1 ounce plain flour (30 g)
- 10 fluid ounces warm milk (300 ml) ("or" mixture of milk and light stock)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley (15 ml)
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Melt the butter in a pan, but do not allow it to brown, then add the flour and stir until smooth.2. Cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.3. Remove from heat and add the liquid, little by little, stirring after each addition to prevent any lumps forming.4. Bring the sauce to the boil, stirring continuously.5. Add the parsley, salt and pepper and cook gently for a further 3 minutes.
KGI is a nonprofit community of over 30,000 people who are growing some of our own food and helping others to do the same.
Join our mailing list:
Connect with us:
Kitchen Gardeners International
3 Powderhorn Drive,
Scarborough, ME, 04074, USA