Aunt Karen's Rhubarb Custard Pie
My Aunt Karen has made this pie for years. It's a favourite in the family.
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbl. milk
- 1 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/4 C flour
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 4 C. sliced rhubarb (1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 Tbl. margarine/butter (optional)
- your favourite crust for a 9-inch two-crust pie
- Heat oven to 400
- Prepare your preferred pie crust.
- Beat eggs slightly, add milk. Stir in sugar, flour and nutmeg. Mix well. Stir in rhubarb and pour into pastry-lined pie pan. Dot with butter. Cover with lattice crust, seal edges. (Can brush with milk and sprinkle on sugar or sugar and cinnamon)
KGI is a nonprofit community of over 30,000 people who are growing some of our own food and helping others to do the same.
Join our mailing list:
Connect with us:
Kitchen Gardeners International
3 Powderhorn Drive,
Scarborough, ME, 04074, USA