Bulamu Community Garden
The Bulamu community group garden is a piece of land shared by friends and neighbours for growing vegetable and crops which provides opportunities for positive social interaction and recreation.
Our goals include
- Helping people grow and share fresh produce
- Teaching urban youth responsibility, cooperation and ecological awareness
- Reducing crime and idleness within the community
- Helping feed the people of our community
- Preserving urban green space
- Growing fresh and nutritious produce for community neighbours and food banks
Many people will benefit from our garden, including schools and members of our community, especially the young people. Many will learn from the experience, and be nourished by the food we produce. Some will have a source of income, as well. The garden will be available to local schools, and teachers will be encouraged to bring their students to the garden for lessons. The garden will be available to local residents in the community to come and learn new ideas, gain knowledge and experience hands on gardening, as well.
KGI is a nonprofit community of over 30,000 people who are growing some of our own food and helping others to do the same.
Join our mailing list:
Connect with us:
Kitchen Gardeners International
3 Powderhorn Drive,
Scarborough, ME, 04074, USA